January 22, 2009

The Guide To Aspies

1. Do not touch an Aspie suddenly. They will become defencive.
2. Do not feed Aspie. Many are on diets.
3. Do not try to speak for Aspies. Let them say what they have to say.
4. Do not worry about eye contact. They are probably listening.
5. Do not force an Aspie to do something he/she doesn't want to do. That's just asking for trouble.

I hope that clears up a few things! Also, scroll down to the bottom of the page to follow this blog! Come on! Don't be shy!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! I had one kind well meaning person take my son for a little walk when he got tired of sitting in his IEP meeting. Then she let him pick what ever he wanted out of a vending machine (she just told me "WALK," not "FOOD RUN"), which caused him to be unable to participate in the rest of the meeting because he was bouncing off the walls. People just don't understand the special diet issue, because they don't want to believe autism might not only be genetic, especially teachers. I say, if you want him to be able to concentrate, don't feed him your crap. I'm glad to hear it come right from an Aspie's mouth.

    PS I like the rest of your blog too.

    ReplyDelete